Sunday, July 08, 2007

...and by "guidance," we mean "smackdown."


Apparently, my blog is rated PG (Parental Guidance Suggested). This rating was based on the presence of the word “dead,” appearing exactly one time in the space of whatever writing sample they examined.

Huh.

I’m pretty sure I’ve said worse things on this blog than that. Did I get this rating because lately I’ve started using asterisks (***) in place of real, live swear words, because of that one time my mother totally canned me for using inappropriate language?

Oooooooh. That’s what they mean by “parental guidance.”

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who or why your blog was rated, but I'm your mother, and I'm the only one allowed to do that. Since our first little "adjustment," there has been nothing in your blog that hasn't been appropriate. And by "dead," are they inferring to our irradication of Portugese-Man-O-Ward and venomous centipedes? I'll give them ten minutes with them and see how many times they use "dead" in a sentence! Sweetie, you write superbly and craft your words with excellence. Perhaps you'll explain this whole story to me someday.

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Meldraw said...

"Our little adjustment." Heh.

There's no real story here to explain...my blog wasn't surreptitiously censored or anything. It's just a little tool that someone invented so you can voluntarily see what sort of "rating" your blog would garner if it were subject to such things.

I was just amused at the result. :)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The first time I tried it, lostdwarf.vox.com was listed as PG13. Now? R-rated!

I'm not sure what it's counting but it's not really counting the swearing.

 
At 6:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me laugh with these things, being turned down by other blogs cos of one or two words lol. So I decided to fight back, everyone should, I refuse to have anything to do with any blog which doesnt have atleast one swear word OR even a simple ****ers sorta vibe lol.

Tbh, its the internet, there are much worse things on it, but the word dead? lol unlucky :P

 
At 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update: 10 swear words on my blog, rated R.. GO ME!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home