Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

What follows is a brief account of what is going on in my life at the moment, which can be categorized into three succinct categories:

The Good:

  • House is back from the baseball hiatus, which makes me happy. It is on Fox, Tuesdays at 9:00/8:00 Central. Do yourself a favor and watch.

  • My best friend just visited me, whom I hadn't seen in over a year. We had a gloriously relaxing time of eating out, wining in, and vegging out.

  • The freelance business is going well. My clients are patient and kind, and my work is accumulating. As is the pay.

  • I think I may have just gained 11 new pen pals. Honest-to-god, handwritten letter pen pals. Fun!

The Bad:
  • I put all my clothes (and soap) into the laundry machine and went off to be productive elsewhere. I forgot to turn on the machine. Dammit.

  • On Halloween, I got a nasty case of food poisoning, courtesy of the Great Wall's excellent health standards for their Chinese take-out.

  • Everyone around me is getting married, engaged, or moving in with their significant other. I am trying to feel sexily single. It's not working.

  • No one leaves me comments on my blog anymore, so I have no idea if anyone actually reads it. My guess is no.

The Ugly:
  • My cat, who has always been very good at keeping everything inside her body that is supposed to be, has recently developed the habit of throwing up her cat food. Perhaps she went to the Great Wall, too.

  • Someone showed me this today. Ha! I totally just gave you a heart attack, didn't I?

7 Comments:

At 12:19 AM , Blogger Diane Kristine Wild said...

Hey Meldraw, I happened to come across your blog on the same day you complain about no comments. So even though I really have nothing to say, I had to comment and say great blog.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Meldraw said...

Aw, deekay, thanks! I feel so loved. One reader, ah ah ah! [/The Count]

 
At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Melissa's blog! (Full disclosure: I just mistyped that a "bog," which, because I'm ridiculous amused me verily.)

I ALWAYS read your blog. And I will be eternally in debt to you for pointing me toward Tomato Nation. (And, if you know, could you share with me whether "Sars" is the same "Sars" of TWOP fame? I saw reference made to Wing Chun, and, God, I love TWOP.)

Update more often!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Meldraw said...

Yes, Kate, that Sars is one and the same. You may not know that I am a TWoP addict. TWoP is my crack, but cheaper.

Seriously.

Two blog readers, ah ah ah!

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Diane Kristine Wild said...

I think the general rule is you take the number of commenters and multiply by a million ;-) That, or you get a stat counter!

 
At 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read too. I do I do I do I do.

 
At 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have this saved as a favourite, I read too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home