Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Things I should probably not be doing at work.

  • Making pushpin “art” on my cubicle wall.


  • Checking my personal email every five seconds, even though it’s only filled with Gap ads and bookstore coupons, and I don’t check it anywhere near this obsessively when I’m at home.


  • Playing Allister’s “Fraggle Rawk” on my iPod twelve times in a row and daring myself to head-bang.


  • Binding my printed ad designs with matching colored paperclips, and placing them on my desk just at the edge of my peripheral vision in a carefully fanned-out manner, so that I can glance over at them occasionally and admire their matchingness, and then claim I'm not completely lost to OCD.


  • Trying to rearrange the magnets on my metal bookshelf so that they don't look inappropriately suggestive, which is utterly impossible.


  • Informing my coworker that she owes me a drink for every time she calls me “Michelle,” which is not my name, for crying out loud.


  • Silently reading all my ridiculous interdepartmental memos with a really bad Serbian accent, just to pass the time: “Crrreating a high-poorformance ehnvironmehnt takes both time and conteeeenuous effort to eensure ze strrrong foundation foor a unified enterprrrise. Therefoor, we hev to be especially deeligent about the use of eenterdepartmental ehnvehlopes…”


  • Perfecting the art of the “screen toggle” so that it doesn’t look like I’m earning my salary by writing meaningless and meta blog entries.

5 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could also stick four pushpins in an eraser, draw a face on it and pretend it's a little pig.

Also--paperclip jewelry!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Heh, I do most of these too. You'd think I didn't have enough to do or something.

Next, I'm hoping for an office in order to do this with less visibility!

 
At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwah! Our custodian lady used to insist my name was Kim (not my real name). This, despite the fact my name is posted on top of my monitor in a HUGE font.

 
At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! I love the matching paperclip, OCD-ness!

My own charming version of that is finding *exactly* the right size binder clip for the bazillion page documents I handle on a regular basis... even if it means wandering around the department and ultimately stealing them from someone else's desk.

 
At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't lose your job. Love, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home